Monday 17 October 2011

Development with imagery through Photoshop

As I am now getting closer to developing my own newspaper after know increasing my knowledge on the news and how newspapers work and are laid out, I have to start designing iconic information and symbols in relation to a local newspaper.
My Newspaper is going to be situated in Portsmouth, so from previous research I have to include the proximity of where my newspaper is and who will be reading it. From taking this aspect into consideration I have decided to incorporate the spinnaker tower into the masthead of my newspaper. Like the news witch the warrior battle ship, the spinnaker tower is iconic to Portsmouth and is recognised by the country and can be seen for miles.

I have searched the internet for an image of the spinnaker tower to see if I could work with one on photoshop and change the colour, shape and size of the image to link in with a suitable title to my newspaper.
This image of the spinnaker tower is a reasonable size and has enough space to work on as it includes all of the tower and some background to widen how I edit the image.


As you can see, the clear sky and the bright image of the spinnaker tower will help me to edit the image into a style acceptable for a local newspaper.

Through editing this image with photoshop, I was able to filter the image and use coloured pencil to chose designs which creates a cartoon effect for my masthead.
The reason for a cartoon image is because it will create a positive effect to my newspaper and create positive connotations.

No comments:

Post a Comment