Monday 7 November 2011

Title Ideas


I created a sheet consisting of a various of different title ideas to hand around to people to see what font and format of words will be more appropriate for a local newspaper.The first three fonts, Which I thought would be more popular to people was 'Helvetica' - Such a font being normal, plain but also standing out will gain more attention. But with only 5 votes, this wasn't enough to be used as my title. Fourth one down which nobody chose was 'Asana Math' - This may have been a bit too plain with no attractive factors to it. Fifth one down, thick and close together is known as 'Bernard MT Condensed' this only had one person chose it, so as it was appealing to a small number, it wasn't enough to be used as my final title. Second to last we have basic but sophisticated 'Capitals' this gained the majority of the votes with 8 people strongly believing that this font is what is need to be used as a newspaper masthead.
Last of all we have 'Monotype Corsive' this gained no votes. It's italic look to it is overused and will not create a unique feel to my newspaper

Below you can see this is my final title design, so I shall use this and work with it and incorporate it to my newspaper. After working on using this font, Hopefully giving a positive feel and provide positive connotations to attract my audience.


No comments:

Post a Comment